On this page is a selection of recent CTR events, cruises, trips and accomplishments of our club-members. Pick an item, click on the link, and you will be taken to the write-up and photos of that event…….Go ahead, give it a try!
The annual golf competition between the CT Triumph Club and the CT MG Club was held on Sunday, August 12th, 2018 at the world renowned Farmington Miniature Golf Course and Ice Cream Parlor!! Click Here to see photos and story.
See photos and story about the ‘Synchro De Mayo’ Tech Session – June 9th 2018 .
Space was rather tight, most of the room was taken up by bits and pieces of transmissions and rear ends!!
CTR vs CTMG Bowling Challenge and Pizza! For the second year in a row, CTR beat the CT MG club at the Annual bowling challenge at the Apple Valley Bowl. It was a really fun event, followed by a variety of pizza flavours! Click here for link
- CTR vs CTMG Slot Car Races! We were again challenged by Team-MG to a duel on the slots! No not at Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods, these are at the slot car track at Rapid Raceway in Plainville! Click here to see the photos
- Fall Foliage Cruise to Hopkins Winery at Lake Waramaug. We met in Southbury, cruised up to Lake Waramaug, and drank the wine! We even stopped at a church in the way! Read on………Story by Neville Wardle, photos by David Semple Click here for link
- New England British Car Reliaility Run. Take 24 British cars, add a driver and navigator, stir in some petrol, then set them loose on the roads of New Hampshire and Maine! Find out what happens…… Click Here!
- 37th Annual CTR British Motorcar Gathering and Picnic. Read Janet’s report, see the show photo’s check out the results for all car classes. Another great show!! Click here for link
- VTR National Convention in Princeton, New Jersey. Last Summer a group of CTR members drove their Triumphs down to NJ to participate in all the fun and games at the VTR gathering. Read what happened, and see the photos. Click here
- CTR vs CTMG’s Mini-Golf Challenge. What do you need to have fun? We had great weather, great friends, an ice-cream parlor and a mini-golf course….and we had a great time!! Read all about it, and see the great photos Click here!
- CTR and MG Club 2017 Holiday Gathering. Last years Holiday Party was held at El Monticello in Meriden. Everyone (again) had a really good time, a lot of fun, and good food. Donations went to support the Waterford Country School. A private school dedicated to special needs children and families at risk. Click Here.
- Marks Classic Cruise Night – 2017 A group of members from the CTR and MG clubs met at a mall near Marks Display Field, then cruised to the BIG event. By the time they arrived, there were already 300 cars on the field!! Check it out! Click Here.
Join us at the CT MG CLUB’S 31st annual BRITISH BY THE SEA GATHERING
June 3rd 2018 at Harkness Memorial State Park in Waterford. CT
The CT MG Club’s “BRITISH BY THE SEA” is a fun GATHERING of people who own and appreciate British Vehicles of all Marques. Although we do present etched glass mug awards to vehicles selected by popular vote, “BRITISH BY THE SEA” is not a judged show. The MG club want to encourage ALL British car, truck, and motorcycle owners and enthusiasts to attend and have an enjoyable time. Whether your vehicle is in pristine condition, or a daily driver, sparkling paint and chrome or with “Barn Fresh” patina, it deserves to be part of the event and on the display field.
The Featured Marque for this year’s 31ST Annual British By The Sea will be JAGUAR. As usual the Featured Marque will be prominently displayed in the front row, and will have generous room to display the vehicles along with any club tents for memorabilia and hospitality.
MG’s BBTS Gathering is always scheduled on the first Sunday in June, at the scenic 240 acre Harkness Memorial State Park in Waterford Ct., on the north shore of Long Island Sound. They encourage people to come down and enjoy a day mingling with other LBC owners, talk about cars, have a picnic, a glass of wine, and also take in all that Harkness Memorial State Park has to offer, such as the beach, the “Eolia” mansion, and the beautiful gardens. The CT MG Club donates a large amount of their proceeds from BBTS to the Park to purchase plants for the West Gardens, helping to restore the “Eolia” Gardens to their original grandeur as designed by Beatrix Farrand in 1919.
There is a selected variety of quality food vendors attending the event to satisfy any appetite, from hot dogs and hamburgers, lobster rolls, and wood fired brick oven pizzas, to Ice Cream for desert. You can also bring your own picnic basket to enjoy and share “out of the boot” of your special car.
The expansive lawn areas offer ample room for the display vehicles, vendors, spectator parking and a spacious area for trailer parking. .
For more info contact Steve an’ Annie Wincze by phone at 860-693-4249 or by email at MGTD52@comcast.ne