On this page is a selection of recent CTR events, cruises, trips and accomplishments of our club-members. Pick an item and click on the link!
The fourth CT British Reliability Run took place on September 17th thru the 19th. Click here to find out all about it!
On Sunday September 12th 2021, CTR celebrated it’s 41st Annual British Motorcar Gathering and Picnic! Click here for write-up of the show!
On Sunday May 16th 2021 We had a Commemorative Drive to Hammonasset Beach – thanks to all who participated. Click here for full details
Saturday April 24th, 2021 We celebrated the 40th Anniversary of CTR by following in the tyre tracks of the first cruise organized by our club! Click here for full details
On Sunday, August 11th, 2019 The Connecticut Triumph Club and the Connecticut MG Club had their Annual mini Golf Challenge. Click below to see who won! Also see the photos taken at the game and ‘after-party’! CLICK HERE
Monday, July 15th, 2019 — CTR/CTMG Club participate in Mark’s Classic Cruise Night. A great evening trip to Mark’s Show with lots of pictures. Click Here
Saturday, June 22nd, 2019 — “Rallye for a Cure” had great weather for a Rally thru Connecticut from the start at Hartford Jag Dealership all the way to Thompson Speedway for laps around the track. Check out the class winners — Click here for details
- May 18th 2019 Spring Cruise to the White Horse Country Pub and Restaurant in New Preston. Great weather and great tour of North Western Connecticut — Click Here
- Sunday April 28th 2019 – Spring Electrical Tech Session at Janet and Alex Thomson’s farm was a big success! Click here to see photos and event write up. — Click Here
- 38th Annual British Motorcar Gathering and Picnic. Another great show was held at Wickham Park. Check out the photos and write-up — Click Here
- MG Club 2018 Dust-Off Rally. After a couple of rain postponements the Connecticut MG Clubs’ Dust-Off rally for 2018 was run on August 5th, 2018. Check out Gary Dabrowski’s write-up and photos here — CLICK HERE
- VTR National Convention in La Crosse Wisconsin.
- Read the two reports from Neville Wardle and Jay Jablonskis about their trips to the 2018 VTR Convention:
- For Neville’s story CLICK HERE
- For Jay’s report CLICK HERE
- Synchro de Mayo, Saturday June 9th, 9:30am — Acknowledged expert on anything to do with gearboxes, overdrives and axles John Esposito shared his experience with us at his shop, Quantum Mechanics. located at 315 Riggs Street in Oxford, CT. John explained what is involved in overhauling our car’s drive train components. To read more about the event and see Jay’s photos — Click Here
- The Vintage Motorsports Festival at Thomson Speedway June 21-24 2008. This years Festival showcased cars from each of the periods in which the Thompson road course has been operated, and embodied the rich history of the track. The 2018 event saw over 130 cars, including sports cars, open wheel, production and sports racers, along with the INEX sanctioned MSD Legend series and Formula Vee race cars. The event was hosted by the VRG (Vintage Racer Group) and VSCCA (Vintage Sport Car Club of America).
- The Jaguar Club of Southern New England’s 6th annual Rallye for a Cure took place on June 16th, 2018. The Rallye for a Cure invited classic and vintage car owners to a rally that started at Jaguar Hartford and winds its way through beautiful back roads of Connecticut. Along the way. drivers and their navigators watched for clues and followed creative directions to stay on course. It was a really fun event for the whole family!The rally this year ended at Palmer Motorsports Park, where participants enjoyed lunch, an auction, and a lap around the track! On that day the Vintage Air-Cooled Porsches were also having an event helped support our cause.The proceeds from the “Rallye for a Cure” benefit the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) whose mission it is to cure, treat, and prevent Type 1 Diabetes. The goal was to raise over $10,000, as we have every year so far! To find out more, view photos etc., please Click Here
- TR vs CTMG Bowling Challenge and Pizza! For the second year in a row, CTR beat the CT MG club at the Annual bowling challenge at the Apple Valley Bowl. It was a really fun event, followed by a variety of pizza flavours and toppings at Vinnies Pizza! It was a great time to gloat over our victory, as the Trophy was again handed to Dave Icazza to be displayed proudly on the wall of his Shop in Manchester! Click here for link
- CTR vs CTMG Slot Car Races! We were again challenged by Team-MG to a duel on the slots! No not at Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods, these are at the slot car track at Rapid Raceway in Plainville! Click here to see the photos
- Fall Foliage Cruise to Hopkins Winery at Lake Waramaug. We met in Southbury, cruised up to Lake Waramaug, and drank the wine! We even stopped at a church in the way! Read on………Story by Neville Wardle, photos by David Semple Click here for link
- New England British Car Reliaility Run. Take 24 British cars, add a driver and navigator, stir in some petrol, then set them loose on the roads of New Hampshire and Maine! Find out what happens…… Click Here!
- 37th Annual CTR British Motorcar Gathering and Picnic. Read Janet’s report, see the show photo’s check out the results for all car classes. Another great show!! Click here for link
- VTR National Convention in Princeton, New Jersey. Last Summer a group of CTR members drove their Triumphs down to NJ to participate in all the fun and games at the VTR gathering. Read what happened, and see the photos. Click here
- CTR vs CTMG’s Mini-Golf Challenge. What do you need to have fun? We had great weather, great friends, an ice-cream parlor and a mini-golf course….and we had a great time!! Read all about it, and see the great photos Click here!
- CTR and MG Club 2017 Holiday Gathering. Last years Holiday Party was held at El Monticello in Meriden. Everyone (again) had a really good time, a lot of fun, and good food. Donations went to support the Waterford Country School. A private school dedicated to special needs children and families at risk. Click Here.
- Marks Classic Cruise Night – 2017 A group of members from the CTR and MG clubs met at a mall near Marks Display Field, then cruised to the BIG event. By the time they arrived, there were already 300 cars on the field!! Check it out! Click Here.
Sunday, Sept 22nd 2019 — British Wheels on the Green
Please set aside September 22nd (Sunday) to enjoy your British ride and a polo match all for $20 per car. (If you pre-register at JCSNE.org it is only $15.) This year the show will again be held at the Farmington Polo Grounds. The venue even offers a gourmet food truck close by.! After the show at 3:00pm there will again be a free Polo match for everyone to attend!
Questions? Ask Bob Aldridge at 860 482-9849 or email@example.com
33rd ANNUAL SIMSBURY FLY-IN,
CAR SHOW &
FOOD TRUCK FESTIVAL
Sunday, September 22 2019
Rain Date: September 29