On this page is a selection of recent CTR events, cruises, trips and accomplishments of our club-members. Pick an item and click on the link!
- 38th Annual British Motorcar Gathering and Picnic. Another great show was held at Wickham Park. Check out the photos and write-up — Click Here
- MG Club 2018 Dust-Off Rally. After a couple of rain postponements the Connecticut MG Clubs’ Dust-Off rally for 2018 was run on August 5th, 2018. Check out Gary Dabrowski’s write-up and photos here — CLICK HERE
- VTR National Convention in La Crosse Wisconsin.
- Read the two reports from Neville Wardle and Jay Jablonskis about their trips to the 2018 VTR Convention:
- For Neville’s story CLICK HERE
- For Jay’s report CLICK HERE
- Synchro de Mayo, Saturday June 9th, 9:30am — Acknowledged expert on anything to do with gearboxes, overdrives and axles John Esposito shared his experience with us at his shop, Quantum Mechanics. located at 315 Riggs Street in Oxford, CT. John explained what is involved in overhauling our car’s drive train components. To read more about the event and see Jay’s photos — Click Here
- The Vintage Motorsports Festival at Thomson Speedway June 21-24 2008. This years Festival showcased cars from each of the periods in which the Thompson road course has been operated, and embodied the rich history of the track. The 2018 event saw over 130 cars, including sports cars, open wheel, production and sports racers, along with the INEX sanctioned MSD Legend series and Formula Vee race cars. The event was hosted by the VRG (Vintage Racer Group) and VSCCA (Vintage Sport Car Club of America).
- The Jaguar Club of Southern New England’s 6th annual Rallye for a Cure took place on June 16th, 2018. The Rallye for a Cure invited classic and vintage car owners to a rally that started at Jaguar Hartford and winds its way through beautiful back roads of Connecticut. Along the way. drivers and their navigators watched for clues and followed creative directions to stay on course. It was a really fun event for the whole family!The rally this year ended at Palmer Motorsports Park, where participants enjoyed lunch, an auction, and a lap around the track! On that day the Vintage Air-Cooled Porsches were also having an event helped support our cause.The proceeds from the “Rallye for a Cure” benefit the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) whose mission it is to cure, treat, and prevent Type 1 Diabetes. The goal was to raise over $10,000, as we have every year so far! To find out more, view photos etc., please Click Here
- TR vs CTMG Bowling Challenge and Pizza! For the second year in a row, CTR beat the CT MG club at the Annual bowling challenge at the Apple Valley Bowl. It was a really fun event, followed by a variety of pizza flavours and toppings at Vinnies Pizza! It was a great time to gloat over our victory, as the Trophy was again handed to Dave Icazza to be displayed proudly on the wall of his Shop in Manchester! Click here for link
- CTR vs CTMG Slot Car Races! We were again challenged by Team-MG to a duel on the slots! No not at Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods, these are at the slot car track at Rapid Raceway in Plainville! Click here to see the photos
- Fall Foliage Cruise to Hopkins Winery at Lake Waramaug. We met in Southbury, cruised up to Lake Waramaug, and drank the wine! We even stopped at a church in the way! Read on………Story by Neville Wardle, photos by David Semple Click here for link
- New England British Car Reliaility Run. Take 24 British cars, add a driver and navigator, stir in some petrol, then set them loose on the roads of New Hampshire and Maine! Find out what happens…… Click Here!
- 37th Annual CTR British Motorcar Gathering and Picnic. Read Janet’s report, see the show photo’s check out the results for all car classes. Another great show!! Click here for link
- VTR National Convention in Princeton, New Jersey. Last Summer a group of CTR members drove their Triumphs down to NJ to participate in all the fun and games at the VTR gathering. Read what happened, and see the photos. Click here
- CTR vs CTMG’s Mini-Golf Challenge. What do you need to have fun? We had great weather, great friends, an ice-cream parlor and a mini-golf course….and we had a great time!! Read all about it, and see the great photos Click here!
- CTR and MG Club 2017 Holiday Gathering. Last years Holiday Party was held at El Monticello in Meriden. Everyone (again) had a really good time, a lot of fun, and good food. Donations went to support the Waterford Country School. A private school dedicated to special needs children and families at risk. Click Here.
- Marks Classic Cruise Night – 2017 A group of members from the CTR and MG clubs met at a mall near Marks Display Field, then cruised to the BIG event. By the time they arrived, there were already 300 cars on the field!! Check it out! Click Here.
Come see the British Cars Show in conjunction with the History of Flight Air Show. The Museum and grounds will be open from 10am to 5pm. Display your car during the day before the air show (which will begin at 2pm and go until 4pm.) The air show will highlight the Pioneer, WWI and the Golden Ages of Aviation. The Aerodrome is located at 9 Norton Rd., Red Hook, NY 12571. The car show is not a judged event but rather a simple gathering of British cars and drivers. More info at www.oldrhinebeck.org
Update — CTR member John Stanton is planning to go and is looking for club members to join him for the ride to the Aerodrome and display you rars in the show.
Please contact John directly at 203-326-0882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The July CTR membership meeting will be held at
Mark’s Classic Cruise Night in East Granby
On Monday July 16, 2018
Rain Date is Monday, July 23th
Check out Mark’s website for the latest updates on weather/cancellations. http://www.markscruisenight.com
Directions: From Interstate 91, take exit 40 (Route 20). Turn right onto East St. then right onto Russell Rd. The address is 22 Russell Rd, East Granby, CT.
We will meet at 5:30PM at Gio’s Pizza located on Route 20 (3 Turkey Hill Rd. East Granby) so that we can drive in and park together. We will head over at 5:45. If you arrive later, head right on over and look for your fellow LBC’s and check out some great cars. It’s a great night out. If this event is cancelled due to weather, we WILL NOT hold our monthly membership meeting at Oasis Restaurant in Forestville.
At little more about Mark’s:
2018 is the 23rd year of the cruise, and it has grown into the largest weekly cruise night in New England. The cruise is located on 25 acres of land in East Granby, Connecticut. This family friendly cruise is dedicated to perpetuating the memory of antique, classic and special interest vehicles. Marks Classic Cruise is an OPEN cruise night; which means anyone is welcome to attend regardless of year, make, and model driven. Vehicles must be clean. The cruise runs every Monday night (unless inclement weather or saturated field conditions.) from 5pm to 9pm between May and September (excluding holidays). Food vendors offer a menu of: burgers, chili, pizza, hot dogs, popcorn, soda, water, coffee, and desserts. Often times there are specials available too.